Why I post (silly, stupid, dumb, etc.) questions here.

opr1945

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This point has come up in several threads, many mine. After thought and all is said and done I realize that a student can impact the teachers impression of them by asking a lot silly, stupid, dumb, etc. questions. And even make a pest of themselves not to mention taking up everyone's time that could be put to better use.

Quite frankly I would rather the people here have those thoughts about me than the people at the Dojo, partucarily the instructor. Rather than make a pest of myself at the Dojo I would not ask these questions there. But, I really don't care what you guys think of me as it will not impact my life in any significent way. So by asking the questions here I get actual answers without influencing the perception by those at the Dojo who might actually impact my life. So a big thanks.

I know it is great to be able to say "I don't care what others think of me!." But, like it or not, there is a cost to what others think of you and it may have real world consequences.

So thanks again for being here for me and others like me.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people. 😂

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This point has come up in several threads, many mine. After thought and all is said and done I realize that a student can impact the teachers impression of them by asking a lot silly, stupid, dumb, etc. questions. And even make a pest of themselves not to mention taking up everyone's time that could be put to better use.
The worst are those who ask questions to which they know the answer, in order to seem asvthough they have an especially enquiring mind. They’re easy to spot.
Quite frankly I would rather the people here have those thoughts about me than the people at the Dojo, partucarily the instructor. Rather than make a pest of myself at the Dojo I would not ask these questions there. But, I really don't care what you guys think of me as it will not impact my life in any significent way.
Well, I’m hurt that you don’t think care what I think of you 😭
So by asking the questions here I get actual answers without influencing the perception by those at the Dojo who might actually impact my life. So a big thanks.
I feel dirty and used.
I know it is great to be able to say "I don't care what others think of me!." But, like it or not, there is a cost to what others think of you and it may have real world consequences.
You know we make up most of what we say.
So thanks again for being here for me and others like me.
We expect flowers or chocolates at the very least.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people. 😂
No, there are stupid questions, but if they’re asked with sincerity then they’re OK .

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The worst are those who ask questions to which they know the answer, in order to seem asvthough they have an especially enquiring mind. They’re easy to spot.
Teachers do this all the time. Ask a question and call you out for not knowing the answer, just to gloat that they knew it all along. Sometimes they'll even go so far as to write up a sheet of questions and then grade you on how well you know the stuff they know. Bastards.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teachers do this all the time. Ask a question and call you out for not knowing the answer, just to gloat that they knew it all along. Sometimes they'll even go so far as to write up a sheet of questions and then grade you on how well you know the stuff they know. Bastards.
All school teachers are scum 😑😉

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Instead of saying that you don't agree with someone, you can just ask a question. This way, the poster knows that you disagree with him. Instead of pressing that "disagree" button and add a "thumb down", you simply ask a "friendly" question.

I believe it can make the discussion more friendly.

For example,

A: I think we should run away from the fight.
B: What if your loved one is with you?

A: MA is fighting without fighting.
B: Why do we spend time in MA training?

A: We should not use brute force.
B: When your wife asks you to carry grocery bag, are you using brute force at that moment?

A: In training, we should always keep our head straight up.
B: What if there is a $100 on the ground?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Instead of saying that you don't agree with someone, you can just ask a question. This way, the poster knows that you disagree with him. Instead of pressing that "disagree" button and add a "thumb down", you simply ask a "friendly" question.

I believe it can make the discussion more friendly.

For example,

A: I think we should run away from the fight.
B: What if your loved one is with you?

A: MA is fighting without fighting.
B: Why do we spend time in MA training?

A: We should not use brute force.
B: When your wife asks you to carry grocery bag, are you using brute force at that moment?

A: In training, we should always keep our head straight up.
B: What if there is a $100 on the ground?
That’s funny, when I see my students looking down during training I yell out “ keep your eyes on the white wall, there is no cash on the floor”

Latest Discussions