The esoteric heritage in …..

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am not offended by tattoo's. Actually, I fing them quite interesting.......sometimes. My vote is to post picture. Others may disagree.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not offended by tattoo's. Actually, I fing them quite interesting.......sometimes. My vote is to post picture. Others may disagree.
As you please. Let me find one of my old photos before the leg sleeve was complete. I have posted one of my back previously. Here it is again. These are old photos. I can post a more recent one later with the whole leg sleeve. I will spare everyone the buttcheek portions.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0267.jpeg
    IMG_0267.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you please. Let me find one of my old photos before the leg sleeve was complete. I have posted one of my back previously. Here it is again. These are old photos. I can post a more recent one later with the whole leg sleeve. I will spare everyone the buttcheek portions.
I take it that you are into tattoos.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My tattoos cover a fair number of those as well. But after all this time I think chicks dig tattoos more than scars. At least that’s what my half blind wife says.
I bet so! During COVID, all of the barber shops were closed and I definitely needed a high and tight. My wife begged me for the opportunity to cut it. I reluctantly agreed and as expected, she butchered it. So the only thing to do was to shave my head (I look like Frankenstein up there). Needless to say, after the first child started to point and cry as I walked by, I started wearing a hat. 😂

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I had a friend how was tatooed from nect to back to back of knees. He got it in Asia someplace. said it was done with stick and needle. Artist chose it all at his own discreation and insperation. Way beyond me. He passed away from heart attack when he was 54.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a friend how was tatooed from nect to back to back of knees. He got it in Asia someplace. said it was done with stick and needle. Artist chose it all at his own discreation and insperation. Way beyond me. He passed away from heart attack when he was 54.
That is traditional Horimono tattoo performed teburi style. The artist gets to know you a little, you talk and have tea. You don’t decide the location or subject matter but the artist may include your ideas if they work with tattoo set up and make sense with the story. Generally speaking, we carve a hero into our back to take on his characteristic, then the rest of the tattoo can tell a story or stories connecting to that main back piece. These stories are Japanese folklore that was illustrated in wood block carvings that are often featuring ukiyo-e. My suit is nearing completion, maybe finish next year or so. It will go neck to ankle and wrist, except armpits and groin.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they hurt? 😐

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet so! During COVID, all of the barber shops were closed and I definitely needed a high and tight. My wife begged me for the opportunity to cut it. I reluctantly agreed and as expected, she butchered it. So the only thing to do was to shave my head (I look like Frankenstein up there). Needless to say, after the first child started to point and cry as I walked by, I started wearing a hat. 😂
During lockdown, other half cut my hair like this
DCDBEA63-CD9E-460B-9A2B-B7EEF10B11D8.jpeg

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do they hurt? 😐
Yes. The outline session on my back was almost 9 straight hours. It was an exercise in suffering. Anyone can ride out 4 hours, after the 7th hour I was out of ideas for how to cope. I don’t regert (see what I did there) any of it. I don’t recommend it is not the same as a one point tattoo. Almost 100 hours on my back piece alone. Teburi takes longer and hurts more. It’s a process, I can’t really put into perspective for others. People rarely see my tattoos. I wear long sleeves and live in a cool climate. I don’t do it for others, it’s a very personal thing for me. I don’t think anyone other than my wife and my tattooist have ever seen my whole tattoo.

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a relatively small tattoo. Bicept and shoulder. tattooing on bicept was painful but not unbearable, pain meds helped. But part on shoulder where muscle was thin and was over bone was bad evenwith meds. totaled only 20 hours in 4 sittings. I am a wimp.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions