Oh my, another GI question

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about REMO brand GIs made in Pakistan I believe. Good - bad? Cheap- Costly - mid price? Anything? Thanks, opr1945

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about REMO brand GIs made in Pakistan I believe. Good - bad? Cheap- Costly - mid price? Anything? Thanks, opr1945

Sorry, I never heard of them.

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here is a label. My opinion it is heavy, at least 12 oz maybe 14 or more. Obviously I was wrong about where it was made. Made in Taiwan!

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
IMO, you were on the right track when you were inquiring about Shureido and other brands worn by high-ranking karateka and WKF champions.

Now you're dumpster-diving for cheap brands no one has heard of? What's up with that?

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Old habits are hard to break. I grew up poor. Mom was always looking for a bargin. Second hand clothes stores, flea markets, yard sales, hand-me-downs, etc. Most of my life I did not have much disposable income, we got by, had what we needed. I adopted my mothers habits, as I had watched her when I was young. I am not wealthy by any means but the kids have all left home, colleges no longer my responsibility. So compared to our needs we have money left over-disposible income. So we occasionally treat ourselves. Anyway, I started looking on facebook markeplace. A bargin is hard to pass up......the rest is history.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Old habits are hard to break. I grew up poor. Mom was always looking for a bargin. Second hand clothes stores, flea markets, yard sales, hand-me-downs, etc. Most of my life I did not have much disposable income, we got by, had what we needed. I adopted my mothers habits, as I had watched her when I was young. I am not wealthy by any means but the kids have all left home, colleges no longer my responsibility. So compared to our needs we have money left over-disposible income. So we occasionally treat ourselves. Anyway, I started looking on facebook markeplace. A bargin is hard to pass up......the rest is history.
I'm not sure how stocking up dozens of cheap gis is supposed to be frugal, but okay...

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
on an intellectual level I can see that in retrospect it would probably been better to purchase one new good quality item instead of trying several cheap items to get a great deal (not just GI's but any item). Hindsight is 20/20. and as I said above old habits are to hard to break.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For me, a $100 gi was the most expensive I've ever bought. The third time I wore it the sleeve got well stained with blood (mine). I tried bleach and blood stain remover but all that really did was make the cotton brittle causing it to tear beyond repair the next time it was put to sparring use. I now have three gi's: One heavy nice one, a light one for summer. and one for sparring (top).

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you buy it? If so, what do you think about it?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
For me, a $100 gi was the most expensive I've ever bought. The third time I wore it the sleeve got well stained with blood (mine). I tried bleach and blood stain remover but all that really did was make the cotton brittle causing it to tear beyond repair the next time it was put to sparring use. I now have three gi's: One heavy nice one, a light one for summer. and one for sparring (top).
H2O2 is the best for removing blood stains from cotton.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
If any of you have a dog get skunked, use this recipe: 1 qt.H2O2, 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of dawn dish liquid. Mix the ingredients and immediately apply directly to dog( reaction only lasts about 10 minutes after mixing ingredients). Wait 10 minutes, wash the dog with normal dog shampoo, mix a NEW batch of recipe and repeat the process for a second time. This works better than any product you can purchase. This recipe won a science award here locally. I recommend using a protective eye ointment as well because dogs are often sprayed in the face and eyes can be very irritated from skunk spray.

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I found these on line:

Shurado less $100
Tokiado 25
Ronin Purple Label 75
" " " 30
" " " 20
" 15
Century Heavy Weight 40
" " " 25
" 25
Arawazo 40

Several sellers said used twice and quit, like new, or something like that. I read some place that 1/2 of the people who start Karate quit in less than a month. And half of the people left quit before they hit 3 months. Must be true from what I saw offered for sale. All of the above item were size 4 or 4.5. There were many others of different sizes that did not fit me.

I did not buy all the above, But, did buy more than one. All I received were in very good condition. Some looked freshily washed and ironed.

Last edited:

MuayJitsu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Here is a label. My opinion it is heavy, at least 12 oz maybe 14 or more. Obviously I was wrong about where it was made. Made in Taiwan!

You don’t need it you have more than enough for a guy who’s not even been training that long

OP
opr1945

opr1945

Green Belt
Reaction score
Did you buy it? If so, what do you think about it?
Seller said: "14 oz martial arts uniforms. Very good condition. Great for jujitsu due to strength of fabric. " It is rather heavyweight. But less than my 16oz Ronin. Fairly soft for as thick as it is. Size 4 but a little snug around waist. I am 5'5" and 175# but wearable by me. No rips, tears or stains. Seams look and feel good. Seller said she was an instructor and ocassionally they would grap eacher and throw them and the GI held up to that treatment. I have seen and felt several BJJ GI's and this is not nearly as heavy. Slightly less thick as the 16 oz I mentioned earlier. She said she had used it for several years as part of her rotation of GI's. And that it still has a lot of life left in it, epectially if it is not abused.

So to me it looks good. However, keep in mind that I am new to this and my opinion is most likely not as valid as someone with a lot of experience. .

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seller said: "14 oz martial arts uniforms. Very good condition. Great for jujitsu due to strength of fabric. " It is rather heavyweight. But less than my 16oz Ronin. Fairly soft for as thick as it is. Size 4 but a little snug around waist. I am 5'5" and 175# but wearable by me. No rips, tears or stains. Seams look and feel good. Seller said she was an instructor and ocassionally they would grap eacher and throw them and the GI held up to that treatment. I have seen and felt several BJJ GI's and this is not nearly as heavy. Slightly less thick as the 16 oz I mentioned earlier. So to me it looks good. However, keep in mind that I am new to this and my opinion is most likely not as valid as someone with a lot of experience. .
How many gis do you have, and why do you keep looking for more? Genuine question, not trying to discount your experience, I just don't understand. A gi is essentially a training material, so as long as you can train it it I don't understand why you need so many

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
How many gis do you have, and why do you keep looking for more? Genuine question, not trying to discount your experience, I just don't understand. A gi is essentially a training material, so as long as you can train it it I don't understand why you need so many
Looking back, it seems that he gave a few subtle hints that he may have OCD.