Northern Virginia Martial Arts & Self-Defense

Yamabushii

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greetings,

For anyone that has seen my few posts in this forum in the past, my dojo was previously known as Yamajiro Dojo (or Yamajiro Ninja Academy). After recent rebranding, we renamed our dojo to Shadow Combatives & Self-Defense. Our program has two curriculums:
1. Unarmed Combat: A mixture of Self-Defense and Japanese Jujutsu, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Taekwondo, Boxing, Ninjutsu
2. Armed Combat: A mixture of many weapons

Everything is pressure tested either through stress inoculated drills or sparring. Our self-defense provides an understanding of local self-defense laws for VA, MD, and DC, and certain techniques best suited for self-defense in various environments. Other than self-defense, the other half of our unarmed combat covers a deeper study of martial arts to create actual martial artists through the use of techniques which can actually be practiced and trained safely against fully resisting opponents. I am hoping to have footage of some of our training online soon, though admittedly I always forget to record while I am teaching. Just posting this here in case someone is looking for something in NOVA.

Classes are every Tue & Thu from 7:30-9:00 PM for ages 17+. We are located in Annandale. The website for our dojo is in my signature. Our program options and pricing are on our website. The best way to reach us is email: [email protected]

Latest Discussions