Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What do you like about it? Just the mpg or is something else?
comfortable seats, a pretty intuitive interface (with wireless android auto and apple CarPlay), push button start. Doesn’t have a lot of power, but man, that mileage is great. Excellent commuter and I think it will be a great road trip car.

I probably would have gone with the Camry… same pros as above but a little bigger… but my wife likes the smaller car and this is primarily hers to drive.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
comfortable seats, a pretty intuitive interface (with wireless android auto and apple CarPlay), push button start. Doesn’t have a lot of power, but man, that mileage is great. Excellent commuter and I think it will be a great road trip car.

I probably would have gone with the Camry… same pros as above but a little bigger… but my wife likes the smaller car and this is primarily hers to drive.
Good to know. Thank you!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
woke up with a strange dog in my yard.
Some Husky looking thing.
My two weenies gave chase and threatened to eat it.
How is your morning going?

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
woke up with a strange dog in my yard.
Some Husky looking thing.
My two weenies gave chase and threatened to eat it.
How is your morning going?
I woke up and discovered it rained again 😫. I’m just trying to mow my lawn, not a bayou!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So often these days, I go to reply to someone, and halfway through I realize I'm putting in a lot of effort to a reply, when they're just going to run their argument in circles, ignore my reply, or find some illogical way to just dismiss it completely since it doesn't 100% agree with them. Then I close out and go on with my day

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I woke up and discovered it rained again 😫. I’m just trying to mow my lawn, not a bayou!
I think I said before, my family lived in Baton Rouge and Shreveport for a few years when I was a kid, and seems like it rained pretty much every day for at least a few hours.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I said before, my family lived in Baton Rouge and Shreveport for a few years when I was a kid, and seems like it rained pretty much every day for at least a few hours.
It sure seems like it this year!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
So often these days, I go to reply to someone, and halfway through I realize I'm putting in a lot of effort to a reply, when they're just going to run their argument in circles, ignore my reply, or find some illogical way to just dismiss it completely since it doesn't 100% agree with them. Then I close out and go on with my day
Believe it or not, that’s 90% of my posts. My theory is that most of the conflict here is people just don’t believe someone else could simply disagree with them. I mean, on simple transactional topics, it’s expected. But I’m talking fundamental stuff.

On some level, I think some folks just flat out think the other guy secretly agrees with them, but is just arguing to argue. Or alternatively, would agree with them if they just knew more or were smarter or something like that.

Cracks me up, to be honest. I can’t even count how many times I’ve said that we just disagree and that’s okay, only to then be accused of trolling. It’s just a function of online discussion.

It helps when I remember that none of this is actual, healthy communication.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
exactly what I am trying not to do in another post on MT right now. I mean to answer my question with my question...really..... I'm about done there too

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Believe it or not, that’s 90% of my posts. My theory is that most of the conflict here is people just don’t believe someone else could simply disagree with them. I mean, on simple transactional topics, it’s expected. But I’m talking fundamental stuff.

On some level, I think some folks just flat out think the other guy secretly agrees with them, but is just arguing to argue. Or alternatively, would agree with them if they just knew more or were smarter or something like that.

Cracks me up, to be honest. I can’t even count how many times I’ve said that we just disagree and that’s okay, only to then be accused of trolling. It’s just a function of online discussion.

It helps when I remember that none of this is actual, healthy communication.
well ALL Of that is just wrong :D

HighKick

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When I was a student, my GP was a grumpy, Calvinist, Scottish bloke. Quite unpleasant, but he knew what he was doing and that was fine with me
Yes, I can usually set my personal inspection of a person aside if they know their stuff. But if they are cocky or a straight out jerk, it get rather difficult.

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, a member of our Military Science Alumni Club just passed away (Vietnam Veteran). The surviving members have been sharing their college misadventure stories with us through a group email. Some things never change.