Is it time to review the stickies?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was going through a sticky in the grappling forums, which is a list of links that are all now dead. In many of the TMA forums, we have sponsored posts from over a decade ago. Then there's the main forum, where the Find The Right School thread appears to be an article written almost 30 years ago, which references the yellow pages and doesn't mention Google or social media.

I think its time to look at the stickies that we have, if they still need tk be stickied, and if they would be well served by being rewritten and the new post stickied for future use. It's a project I'm sure some folks on here would love to write for.

I'm not saying all of them need to be culled, and maybe that sponsored post still needs to be there. But some of them definitely need updating.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Valid point. Remember that the Mod Staff have actual lives and jobs and stuff... and, if I quadrupled their pay, it'd still be zero and they still would only have 24 hours in the day...

When you come across a problem like that, help us out by using the RTM button to alert us to it. Then we can deal with it.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Valid point. Remember that the Mod Staff have actual lives and jobs and stuff... and, if I quadrupled their pay, it'd still be zero and they still would only have 24 hours in the day...

When you come across a problem like that, help us out by using the RTM button to alert us to it. Then we can deal with it.
RTM meaning Report button?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There's a way to quickly identify deadlinks. It may cost some money though. I've been out of the website design business for a while so I'm not sure what's out there today. Xenforo may have some tools that you can use to quickly find dead links and to locate them. I definitely wouldn't try to find deadlinks manually

Latest Discussions