Last Poster #7

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not looking forward to the 18 hour flight... but I am looking forward to the break from all things internet and computer... I realize this is a blasphemous statement on the internet. but I may actually get to read some of the books I have waiting to be read
Enjoy and be safe!

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
exactly what I am trying not to do in another post on MT right now. I mean to answer my question with my question...really..... I'm about done there too
I’m right there with you. Just found the data within 30 seconds. I’m just going to walk away.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
exactly what I am trying not to do in another post on MT right now. I mean to answer my question with my question...really..... I'm about done there too

I’m right there with you. Just found the data within 30 seconds. I’m just going to walk away.
I see the both of you took a bit to follow in my footsteps.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can usually set my personal inspection of a person aside if they know their stuff. But if they are cocky or a straight out jerk, it get rather difficult.
Yes, arrogant, rude and conceited people are to be avoided at all costs as they make your life unpleasant.

gyoja

3rd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry for you loss. It is truly becoming a lost era way too soon.
No worries. Just for the record, this was before my time. My Dad was the Vietnam veteran. That aside, the guys that commissioned from my university stay in touch through all the generations of officers. It’s a great tradition that’s over 100 years old.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk about hybrid cars.... ick.
To offset that, Sue and I just came back from a two-day, 750 mile road trip in the Vette. Spent entirely on winding mountain roads including the Unaweep-Tabeguache Scenic Byway, which is considered by many to be the best drivers road in Colorado. Excellent surface, amazing scenery, virtually no other traffic and perfect for spirited driving.
Despite spending a lot of time playing around in the twisties and my somewhat casual relationship with posted speed limits, I got 22.5MPG average. For an 850 HP car, I think that's pretty economy-carish.
The only negative was the first day. When we topped Hoosier Pass it started snowing. It wasn't sticking, but the roads were wet from there to Vail Pass.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Some pictures of the northern lights from my house last night. Should be able to see them again tonight.

IMG_9486.jpegIMG_9478.jpegIMG_9483.jpegIMG_9481.jpegIMG_9482.jpegIMG_9469.jpegIMG_9468.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9484.jpeg
    IMG_9484.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this talk about hybrid cars.... ick.
A necessary evil, I’m afraid. Look at all the floods, droughts, storms around the world-which we all know are nothing to do with car emissions etc. It’s all the volcanoes and cows farting. I don’t have kids so I don’t care!

A car is just for getting from A to B. I already have a panther’s tail-like p*nis so I don’t need any sort of extension. When self-driving cars come along, as a U.K. dweller, I’ll be very happy.